Re: SASL2, sendmail, pam, auth failed

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Eric Ewanco schrieb:

Try a lowercase a.

If I may ask: why (how should that help out)?

Because I had a similar problem to yours and it worked for me. I found a page instructing me on how to configure SASL and Sendmail and it showed using options a, y, and p, instead of the A, y, and p I had. So I switched it, and it worked.

Here are the two documented settings:

   Use the AUTH= parameter for the MAIL FROM command only when
authentication succeeded. a
   protection from active (non-dictionary) attacks during
authentication exchange. Frankly I don't understand how either of this affect the success or failure of authentication. A looks like it is only applicable for outgoing mail, whereas we're concerned about incoming mail. The definition of 'a' seems a bit vague; what does this protection involve? But this does pertain to the authentication exchange, so theoretically it could affect its success or failure.

Eric

--
# __ __ Eric Ewanco # IC | XC eje@xxxxxxxxxx
# ---+---            http://www.ewanco.com/~eje