Re: Is it possible for sasl to read subtrees of different nodes in ldap?

I am using openldap-2.2.28-r3 with gentoo. The base is read as
 emDomainName=domain1.com,
 o=hosting,
 ou=213,
 o=Server

Then I get the mail node as
 mail=jimjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx

I want to replace emDomainName with a generic objectClass=domain so I can search across domains instead of one domain. But sasl can't seem to find anything if I replace emDomainName in the saslauthd.conf file.

Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jim John wrote:

> My ldap is structured
> +Domain1
> -User1
> -User2
> +Domain2
> -User3
> -User4
>
> It seems to be working find if I search Domain1 as the base, but I
> can't search domain2. When I use emDomainName=Domain1, I can validate
> User1 and User2. When I use something generic such as
> emObjectClass=emDomain, I can't get any users to validate. I get a
> user not found in the logs. So I was wondering if Sasl can search
> nodes and subtrees similar to other Ldap programs.

How are you using SASL with LDAP?
Which LDAP server are you using?