saslpasswd2+flat file

If I am having a flat file of 30-40 thousand username and password, so is there a way i can convert whole file at once in sasldb format. I mean can file be hashed at once instead of running saslpasswd2 test@xxxxxxxx test everytime through a script as it can be highly resource intensive if it is running every 15 minutes as cron job.

Regards.
Yadavendra.