Re: ldapdb and crypt Userpassword

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Tuan Van wrote:

Tuan Van wrote:
Hi list,
has anyone be able to get ldapdb to work with crypt Userpassword using
the patch mention in
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.cyrus-sasl&msg=6183
?

TIA
Tuan

Thank you all for the replies. I am not here to advocate for crypt
password in the back end. I am myself using auxprop with plaintext
password stored in mysql. The reason I asked about the mention patch
because I wonder if there is alternative to saslauthd (choice is good,
right?)

The patch more than likely does not work because it does not account for the hash identifier in userPassword ({crypt}). This is trivial to fix.

even though it is trival to set it up and the document is good
too. I like auxprop because it simple. I don't need to run yet another
daemon.

What is wrong with running another daemon? saslauthd is very stable except for certain pam implementations.

WRT security, if one use PLAINTEXT mech  with TLS, wouldn't it
be secured enough?

This is for you to decide.

--
Igor