Re: How to? saslauthd strip domain

<snip>
How can I strip the domain before sending the auth request to PAM?

It is done automatically by libsasl.

--
Igor

That is what I thought when reading docs/archived lists, but it doesn't appear that it is doing it. I read that the -r option leaves the realm/domain intact...but I am not starting saslauthd with -r...so I expect that it WOULD strip off the domain.
BUT, testsaslauthd fails auth and logfile shows PAM auth error.
Doesn't that mean that it is in fact not stripping of the domain?

Nop... testsaslauthd does not use libsasl. It talks directly with saslauthd. You can use sample/(client|server) if you want to simulate a real sasl2 client.

--
Igor

Awesome...that was my problem. I was using testsaslauthd to test it.
As soon as I read your reply, I tested it with Outlook Express and it works fine.
Thanks Igor for giving me the answer!