Re: loop-aes on kubuntu 9.10

Peter_22@xxxxxx wrote:
> I'm stuck with version 8.xx and 9.xx kernels of ubuntu. The loop module is
> built into these kernels so I have to recompile them. Do you have any idea
> how I could just compile the kernel image and re-use the existing modules?

Some kernel config options alter code generation (locks for example), or
size of kernel data structures. Therefore, all code that runs in kernel
space better be compiled using same kernel configuration.

Simple rule: If you change kernel configuration, then you have to recompile
all code that runs in kernel space. Not all config options change size of
data structures or code generation, but it is best to treat all of them as
if they do.

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-