Re: slackware64 util-ng build error

* markus reichelt <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> * "maxim65@xxxxxxxxx" <maxim65@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > When I try to build patched util-linux-ng for my distro I get
> > this error:

To state the most likely cause for the build failure (I haven't
tested 2.15.1 on -64 myself, but adapting the buildscript mentioned
earlier for the version & correct diff should work out of the box):

You are trying to compile a 32bit version of a prog for a plain 64bit
OS.

Either adapt CFLAGS to reflect "-O2 -fPIC" or install "multilib" (and
compile 32bit progs as per instructions):

http://alien.slackbook.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=slackware:multilib

HTH

--
left blank, right bald