Re: Can dd seek on a loop device?

> > But can dd seek on a loop device?
>
> Yes.

Ok thanks.  My arithmetic must be wrong, since this partition never seems to fill up in this manner, using seek and count options to dd.  By my calculations it should be quite full,  but dd just keeps on writing.  I'd wondered if seek wasn't working on the loop device and dd was just starting over from the beginning each time.

Is there any easy way to see how full the device is (no filesystem on there)?

-