Re: loop-AES and Suse 11.1

Paul Hilton wrote:
> I tried the patch, and did get it to work, but only with a kludge.
>
> As you had observer the LINUX_VERSION_CODE was 132635 (0x2061b) from
> /usr/src/linux/include/linux/version.h
>
> BIO_VMERGE_BOUNDARY was defined in include/asm/io_64.h, from
> include/asm/io.h from /include/linux/bio.h
>
> Kludge: I put a line in after all of the includes in loop.c-2.6.patched
> #undef BIO_VMERGE_BOUNDARY
>
> and that seemed to make it work, it now succesfully mounts my exisiting
> drive.

My mistake, sorry.

Kernel patches often add or remove some #define to kernel headers. In this
case Suse patch 'block-git-fixes' removed several #defines that can be used
to differentiate if a patch was added or not. My mistake was to choose the
wrong #define. The one I used is not defined in 32 bit x86 kernels, but is
defined on 64 bit x86 kernels. My incorrect fix worked on my 32 bit test
box, but failed on your 64 bit box.

Anyway, I changed the define that it uses now.

http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/updates/loop-AES-v3.2e-20090112.diff.bz2
http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/updates/loop-AES-v3.2e-20090112.diff.bz2.sign

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-