Re: Compiling losetup statically?

* Jan Klod <janklodvan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> recently I wrote an initramfs, but it is lacking losetup program
> for cryptoloop. util-linux-ng mentions almost no "static" in its
> manuals, so I am hoping, someone here might know and advice me...
> This time I really need my own initramfs, so loop-aes readme can't
> help. What are the possible solutions, if that is an initramfs
> built around busybox?

FWIW, I cannot get util-linux-ng 1.4.1 to compile losetup statically,
even with "./configure --enable-static-programs=losetup"

I tried LDFLAGS="-static -s" too, but then I get compiler errors.

(No urgent matter to me, just wondering what's the matter)

--
left blank, right bald
loop-AES FAQ: http://mareichelt.de/pub/texts.loop-aes.php#faq