Re: loop-AES: timer softirq blocked after USB disconnect?

* Matthias Kaehlcke <mkaehlcke@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> i totally agree that unplugging the device without unmounting it
> previously isn't how things should be done and can have side
> effects.  but is it really obvious that the timer softirq isn't
> executed during ~250ms because an USB device is uncleanly
> unplugged?

I've had my fair share of USB fun myself, yeah.

The problem is difficult to track, you are using an old kernel. If
it's possible to use a recent kernel, I'd try that first.

Also, the USB setup: Is the stick connected directly or via hub? What
about scheduler? PREEMPT? I'm just taking a wild guess here.