Re: loop-AES: symbol loop_register_transfer not found

Jari Ruusu wrote:
Matthias Kaehlcke wrote:
i encountered a problem with loop-AES v3.2c on a ARM device with a linux
2.6.20 kernel. the module builds successfully, but when i try to load it
the kernel complains about a NULL pointer:
[snip]
any idea what could be the problem?

My guess would be: somehow miscompiled module.

it's strange, it works on a very similar hardware with a slightly different kernel (same version, but different config).

Can you try applying the kernel patch version of loop-AES (kernel-2.6.*.diff
file in loop-AES tarball) to your kernel sources, and compile loop-AES
built-in (not a module). Does that work?

the device isn't in my hands anymore, so i haven't been able to try it :(

if i get the opportunity i'll give it a try and report the results

meanwhile i'll work with a configuration where loop-AES works perfectly

thanks for your time!

begin:vcard
fn:Matthias Kaehlcke
n:Kaehlcke;Matthias
org:Electronic Engineering Solutions;Dept. de Software
adr:;;C/ Sant Ferran, 10-16 bajos;Barcelona;;08031;Spain
email;internet:mkaehlcke@xxxxxxx
title:Ingeniero de Firmware
tel;work:93 407 30 80
tel;fax:93 433 56 71