loop-aes mount problem

Hello,
My system:
----------
i've a pma430:
it runs a custom 2.4.19-rmk7-omap1 linux kernel and has busybox...
I can't change the kernel because it has proprietary modules such as the
framebuffer,and that i don't know C yet so i can't port the hard-drive
fpga based controller to a 2.6 kernel.
I also can't change the compiler: gcc-2.95 because of a kernel bug:
binaries created with another compiler than the custom gcc-2.95
can't run with the custom 2.4.19-rmk7-omap1 kernel.
The CPU runs at about 150Mhz and is an arm9(I know it because
it has 74.34 bogomips), and it has 48 MB of ram that can be
used(the other part of the 64MB of ram is used by the bootloader)
It runs the openpma 0.2 distribution(svn with a custom kernel...see below)

Why i've chosen loop-aes:
-------------------------
What i'd like to do is to have a strongly encrypted partition of about 30GB
minus the space for the OS(at the beginning i'd like not to have
the rootfs encrypted for simplicity),for now i've only
made a small test partition

Because LUKS is not available for a 2.4 kernel,and that i needed
performance(truecrypt is in userspace...and truecrypt is not truly
free(as in freedom) ),and that cryptoloop is subject to watermarking
attack and no longer maintained ,i've chosen loop-aes...

what i've done in order to install loop-aes:
I've created a gpg key
I've re-partitionned the pma's hdd(before it had a fat32
partition(needed because it boots on a root filesystem that is inside it),
and an ext2/3 partition(where lives the real os)) to add an ext2 encrypted
partition of less than 5GB(I don't remember the exact size)
I've added a test file to the new partition with nano
I've encrypted the new partition with aespipe 2.3d using
the following command:
dd if=/dev/mydevice | aespipe -K key.gpg | dd of=/dev/mydevice
I've re(cross)compiled the custom 2.4.19-rmk7-omap1 linux kernel
and removed the loop module that is only needed if you install
a new system...
I've cross compiled the following programs or modules:
-loop-aes v3.2c module(it lives at /lib/modules/2.4.19-rmk7-omap1/block/loop.o
but i can only insmod it(not modeprobe it) in the image of the
boot filesystem)
-the patched(using the patch provided by loop-aes) linux-utils 2.12r
-gpg 1.4.9
I've copied the cross-compiled gpg,the patched linux-utils and the
gpg key into my device at /media/linux-utils/ (/media is the mount
point for the fat32 partition)
i've made the following script to test the setup that i've
copied into /media/linux-utils/:
#!/bin/sh
insmod /lib/modules/2.4.19-rmk7-omap1/block/loop.o
export PATH="$PWD:$PATH"
./mount -t ext2 /dev/ahd/disc0/part3 /media/mnt/
-o loop=/dev/loop/6,encryption=AES128,gpgkey=./key.gpg
(in one line in the real script)
The problem:
------------
insmod works fine: dmesg shows: "loop: loaded(max 8 devices)"
but the mount command doesn't work:
it asks for the password, then use the cpu at 100% and it is used by
system not application according to a qopia application named system
info...but didn't give me back my prompt

with the help of ##crypto in freenode i've tried the following command:
losetup -e aes128 -K key.gpg /dev/loop/6 /dev/ahd/disc0/part3
and again it asked for the password,used the cpu at 100%
and didn't give me back my prompt...

What could be the cause?

-