Re: Best filesystem for loop-aes

On Feb 13, 2008, at 10:01 PM, David wrote:

Have you used ext3
w/loop-aes and shown it to be stable?

I used ext3 over a device-backed loop-aes for three years on a linux file server. It was only 2 terabytes, and didn't see lots of production use, but I never lost any data. And yes, in the course of three years there were at least two or three power outages and unscheduled reboots.

I'm not sure that this demonstrates anything, but I'm confident in the stability of loop-aes for my personal servers.

 - boyd

Boyd Waters
Scientific Programmer
National Radio Astronomy Observatory