Re: loop-aes 3.2b and AMD64_ASM build problem

Thorsten Peter wrote:
> Indeed my box is running Debian Etch 32bit ... which in the first place
> explains my problems compiling with 64bit optimizations I guess ...
> My quick guess was, that as long as I have CPU support for the K8 in the
> kernel, that I am able to use those assembler optimizations, which was
> obviously wrong.

64 bit kernel only works with 64 bit drivers. aes-amd64.S is 64 bit code
that can be linked to 64 bit kernel driver or 64 bit userland program. 32
bit kernel only works with 32 bit drivers. aes-x86.S is 32 bit code that can
be linked to 32 bit kernel driver or 32 bit userland program. 64 bit kernel
works with 64 bit and 32 bit userland programs.

> Anyways, I will get a AMD X2 soon and then setup a new Debian AMD64
> system from scratch. With that I should be able to use your AMD64 code,
> right?

Yes.

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-