CTR and GCM

Hello,

I read about the pending addition of CTR on cryptodev log. I assume
CTR is generic support for counter mode algorithms. Is this correct?
When will CTR be available? Who is working on it?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently working on implementing
galois counter mode (GCM) in the cryptoapi and CTR would naturally have
a big impact on my work.

Thank you.

--
Mikko Herranen