Re: Linux distro w/loop-aes

Mr. Vozeler, et alia:

    It is particularly instructive that of the congress of users and clients
that I frequent with regularity, a notable number have begun to assert
instantiate Ubuntu installations. When queried as to what drove their
compunction to do so, in more than some several cases I received responses
not unlike: Why would I not try it? I get Linux with the "Apple Approach" of
"it just works".

    Predicated upon a congress of users whom would exemplify such thought in
their choice for an OS alternative to Windows, or in order to provide a less
costly support driven alternative to other Linux based OS distributions, the
fact that they are driven by this modicum of thought does not and should not
otherwise limit their ability to choose to assert a posture whereby the disk
is fully encrypted from the moment installation reaches finalization.

    Is there some reason why kernels could not be built on the fly during
the course of installation capable of supporting the mixture of options that
a user would otherwise build in when rolling their own kernel post install
time?

    Additionally, the provisioning of multiple choice kernels onto the
distribution media would provide the user's a choice of options neither
impossible, nor unattractive in being able to engage loop-aes as a potential
encryption software.

    However, I do believe the best choice for the future will be TrueCrypt
since it is planned to be supported on MacOS as well as what is already in
force with support for Linux and Windows (thought I do think loop-aes does
appear to be one of the best products available of its kind in the open
source market).

Very Respectfully Submitted,

Stuart B. Tener, IT3, USNR, N3GWG
Teners AT BH90210 DOTT COM
(310) 358-0202
Beverly Hills, CA / Las Vegas, NV / Washington, DC / Philadelphia, PA

--

Very Respectfully,

IT3 Stuart Blake Tener, USN
Beverly Hills, California
Amateur Radio Call Sign: N3GWG (Extra)
email: teners@xxxxxxxxxxx
phone: +(1) 310.358.0202 (Beverly Hills, CA)
phone: +(1) 215.338.6005 (Philadelphia, PA)
phone: +(1) 702.988.3989 (Las Vegas, NV)
E-Fax: +(1) 915.773.0935 (Telecopier)

Military emails (checked monthly until remote NMCI access is secured)
NIPRNET: stuart.tener@xxxxxxxx / tenerstu@xxxxxxx
SIPRNET: NONE
TS/SCI:  tenerstu@xxxxxxxxxx (GWAN)

and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.

-