Re: loop-aes and busybox/initramfs-hook

Hello,

I had no problem with this...
The gpg home can be set using -G argument to losetup or using
GNUPGHOME environment.

You don't have to have any passwd shadow etc.

You can refer to:
http://wiki.suspend2.net/EncryptedSwapAndRoot

For a working environment.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev

On 4/9/07, S. Sakar <serkan.sakar@xxxxxxx> wrote:
hi,
I'm trying to integrate loop-aes into my ramdisk, but when I type the
password to unlock my gpgkey I get the error message
"Unable to detect home directory for uid 0" due to this codesegment:

if((getuid() == 0) && gpgHomeDir && gpgHomeDir[0]) {
        h = gpgHomeDir;
} else {
        if(!(p = getpwuid(getuid()))) {
                fprintf(stderr, _("Error: Unable to detect home directory for uid
%d\n"), (int)getuid());
                return NULL;
        }
        h = p->pw_dir;
}

First, the login/password features were not build into busybox, so I put
/etc/passwd , /etc/group, /etc/shadow, /etc/nsswitch.conf, /lib/libnss_*
into the initrd, but same error message.
Then i tried a busybox-binary with build-in login/password features, and
again no success.
I would be glad if someone could point me in the right direction.

Regards,
Serkan

-

-