Re: Problem with umount

Hi Jari,

Thanks for your response.

Re: EXT3. Yes. I set this filesystem up "years" ago. I originally
created an ext3, then modified to remove the journal based upon your
advice on this mailing list - I just did not rename the ".fs.ext3" file.
Note that mount shows ext2.

Re: mount/umount. Your explanation makes sense, however, "it used to
work!". Let me explain:

     1. I mount the loop filesystem using your option 3 below.
     2. Gnome desktop (nautilus) displays the mount on the desktop and
        within nautilus itself in graphical form.
     3. To unmount the loop device, I right click on the icon and select
        "Unmount Volume".
     4. This "used to work" up until about a month ago. When I do this
        now, the operation fails with the message: "Unable to unmount
        the selected volume." with the details

    "umount: /dev/loop4 not mounted"
    "Error: umount failed"

I am trying to establish whether something in mount/umount or in Gnome
nautilus has changed... any thoughts?

BTW, I've reported this elsewhere at https://launchpad.net/bugs/84201

Cheers,
Daniel.