Re: root-crypto with loop-aes on debian-testing, 2.6.15-1-686

> Most likely this is caused by missing /dev/console device node on your
> encrypted root partition. Step 17 of April-10-2006 README is supposed to
> make sure that static /dev/console device node exists on your encrypted root
> partition. When udev starts up, it mounts a newly created file system on top
> of /dev, so that original static nodes are unaccessible. So, after udev is
> started, it looks like that there is a /dev/console device node, but your
> real udev-less encrypted file system does not have that device node.

Thanx for prompt answer.
Unfortunately there is nothing more to fix at the moment. All was overwritten
with the ERPOSS4-dm-crypt-experiment and this should survive until better is available.
I try it again next days with a spare-hd right from the very beginning.

> To fix, do this:
>
> 1)  boot knoppix
> 2)  mount partition where your key file is
> 3)  mount your encrypted root partition on /mnt
> 4)  run these commands:
>         mknod -m 600 /mnt/dev/console c 5 1
>         mknod -m 666 /mnt/dev/null c 1 3
>         mknod -m 666 /mnt/dev/zero c 1 5

I remember that I checked this very carefully but cannot remember whether
they were allready there or whether I made them.

I will give precise feedback in some days.   Reverend

-