RE: WIerdness when creating Loop-aes file?

>so, you're saying that the OOM killer kicks in during mkfs.ext3?

Yes. But come to think about it. It struck during 'dd' instead of 'mkfs'

>I suppose
>apache/mysql were already running. If so, did you monitor the processes
as
>to how fast the RAM gets consumed?

That's the thing, I did "free" as fast as i could, I never had less then
900MB of physical RAM available.

>I read it, that if you try to restart the processes again, the OOM
killer
>hits them again?

I cant do anything with _that_ terminal. But, yes, if I try to restart
anything from another terminal, I get OOM again.

>I'm no kernel guru, but it really looks like a bug. No mkfs should
trigger
>an OOM all of a sudden. So I'd go with a current kernel (and current
>loop-aes modules)...just to be sure...

I know what I'll be doing during the weekend then :)

-