Re: attacks on Linxu RNG (paper)

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 07:06:06PM +0100, Christian wrote:
> On Wed, March 8, 2006 15:25, Jean-Luc Cooke wrote:
> > I didn't not write this.  I've given up trying to convince people of the
> > problems with the Linux RNG long ago.

Just saw my bad english above.  Sorry to all grammer nazis out there.

> I've heard of this, but never got around looking into this. thanks for the
> link!

No problem.  Good paper by the way, I suggest folks read it
(eprint.iacr.org/2006/086)

> > ps.  My out-of-date Fortuna RNG page: http://jlcooke.ca/random/
>
> why is this out-of-date? the last patch is for 2.6.12, is it not
> maintained any more? I suppose that you have sent patches to lkml as well
> - any pointers why the patches were rejected...?

Oh god.  Yes.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=111343641603732&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=109598444526812&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=109647848816402&w=2