Re: SATA Raid0 and loop-aes

[...]
> > Two of them as raid0 should operate faster than one of these high-price
> > 500GB wonders with 5 platters inside. Raid0 would be done with Via
> chipset
> > VT8237.
>
> Why not using a normal native software raid? (maybe you intend to change
> your
> mainboard someday..) The software raid from linux is in many cases faster
> and
> more stable than some "raid"-adapters.

May I ask if you mean LVM2 with software raid? How is its impact on cpu
load? Yes indeed, upgrading form current 754-socket to 939-socket would be
an option in the future. Could I transfer the two SATA drives into another
PC an access that raid0 with linux if I use LVM2 for raid setup?
I ask because I never did something like that nor have I heard about it.
Setting up such a 640GB raid is a decision that has to be well considered.

Thanks for help and hints.

Regards
Peter

-