What do the changes mean?

loop-AES changes since previous release:
- Added block I/O priority support. (2.6 kernels)
- Added VIA padlock hardware AES support. (2.4 and 2.6 kernels)
- Added losetup -R option which recomputes size of loop device. Useful with
  loop device on top of LVM volume. Patch from Jim MacBaine. (2.4 and 2.6
  kernels)

Forgive the ignorance, but in the new loop-aes, what does block I/O
priority support mean, what does it do, and does it make the drives data
more secure?  Also, how is it used/activated?

Thx,
David

-