Crosscrypt dead or just resting?

".. On the other hand, I have an encrypted filesystem
on my USB stick which mounts fine, though it only uses
1 key (for compatability with CrossCrypt)..."

This reminded me: Crosscrypt hasn't been upgraded in
more than one year and the website looks untouched
(same typos).

While the Crosscrypt driver supports multi-line keys
it does not as yet support partition-backed loops,
which seriously reduces its utility as a
cross-platform (ie with linux) loop-aes implementation
because of the "lock-up" (system freeze) issues with
file-backed loops under linux. At the bottom of the
webpage however, the author seemed to indicate that
instructions for device-backed loops were coming.

While this is a Linux mail list, the ability to do
loop-aes loopback encryption under linux that is also
compatible with an implementation under Windows is,
without doubt, not a bad thing.

Are there any other cross-platform compatible
implementations under Windows?

Does anyone know if Crosscrypt might resume
development?

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail

-