Re: aespipe - pros and con

Phil H wrote:
> I note that aespipe can encrypt a filesystem giving a similar result
> to loop-aes

Not exactly.  Aespipe can encrypt/decrypt a whole filesystem in a single
operation, for example for burning an encrypted CD or DVD.

Loop-aes on the other hand lets you *mount* an encrypted filesystem and
access the files and directories within as normal files and directories.

They are both very useful tools.  I guess loop-aes could be used in the
place of aespipe if needed, but not the other way round.

Toby

-