Question about other aspects of security relating to encryption

Hi ,
  I'm experimenting with loop-AES, and I really like it , the doc was
wonderfull too :) thx to all ...

  But i'm wondering something since once the partition has been mounted
it's available for reading to the valid user in clear what would happen
if someone were to access a computer that is already logged in with a
valid user, or someone that would root the machine remotly and gain
access to the mounted partition ?

 I guess encryption won't be usefull againts these 2 attacks but maybe
something could be done to minimise the risk.... ?

 I'm thinking like to unmount the partition on usb stick removal or
xwindow lock ? Sure I could do I by hand, i'm just wondering ...  :)

Thanks

Antoine