Re: encrypted-root without startup passphrase

   I Agrree.. but in this case there's another porpouse...
   How it works? Well.. there are something about a hundred machines using this encrypted-root filesystem, these systems are for public use. It would be a very hard work for me, going to put the passphase in each computer.
   In this case, i changed my strategy.. i'm using the encrypted-root just to avoid anyboby mounting the ide-flash as a slave device, but if anybody put it as a primary-master? what happen?! There's a script that check if that machine it's one of ours, if not, the ide-flash is formated.. (this last step is made by hardware).

   Hugo Marques

**  I'm having problems, when posting to nlo.lists.linux-crypto:
 "Outlook Express could not post your message.  Subject 'Re: encrypted-root without startup passphrase'', Account: 'news.nl.linux.org', Server: 'news.nl.linux.org', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 You are not allowed to post to nlo.lists.linux-crypto', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9"
Any ideas?

"Paul Walker" <
paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu na mensagem

http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/