Hello and DVD-ROM encryption

Hi.
I am new to this list and have a question. I am experimenting with a
encrypted archive on DVD. I use losetup, twofish-256 and cryptoloop to
encrypt a partition on my hard drive and it works ok.

I would like to somehow enrypt backups that are put on DVD-ROM. My current
two solutions are:
making a big (about 4 GB) container file and mount it with cryptoloop. Then
put the Data in it, unmount it and put it on DVD. Works ok, except I cannot
mount the file when it is on DVD. I have to copy the whole 4 GB container on
HDD to get just one of the files that are in it. If I try to mount directly
from DVD, I get an error, that I have no rights (I figure, losetup or mount
somehow need a theoretical write access to the container, even if it is
mountet as ro).
My question: why does loop not accept a file on DVD as input??? and is there
a way around?

The other solution is almost the same, except I use the container file as
ISO image for making a DVD. I can actually mount the whole device CDROM0 as
encrypted then. Works ok in a sense that I can access files from DVD
directly. The drawback seems to be however, that I frequently have errors in
my files (read/write errors). I did not have that with the container file.
The errors are usually in the last file, but somethimes almost half the
files are damaged (each file having about 200 MB)!
My question: Why are those errors happening??? and how can I avoid them?
(Does the error correction on DVD not work anymore when I use a
crypto-container as DVD-Image?)

Is cryptoloop at all a good mehtod of making an encrypted archive or should
I rather make tar's and run them through GPGP and then put them on a
DVD-ROM? (Regaring that I want to access these files maybe in quite some
time from now)

Thanks a lot
Ciao

-