Setting up loog-aes in detail

Greetings,

now i have time to take a closer lock on loop-aes and try to encrypt my
home-partition using it.
At first, I did some rtfm but I didn't understand it completely.
In nearly every multi-key example a keyfile with 65 keys is used. Why do you
use exactly 65 keys?
Every example I see in the docs uses AES128. Is there a reason not to use
AES256? (Of cource AES-128 will be secure for some time, but this is a reason
pro aes-128 and not against aes-256, because AES-256 is also for some time ;)
Example 2 uses a lot of head / tail stuff to manipulate the /dev/urandom
output. Why do I need this?

Keep smiling
yanosz

-