Re[2]: Problems compiling loop-aes 2.1c

Hello,

JR> Bodo Staron wrote:

>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-headers-2.6.7-1-686'
JR>                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> make: *** [all] Error 2

JR> loop-AES needs full recompiled kernel sources there. It won't work properly
JR> with kernel headers only source package.

Ok - I tried with the option make LINUX_SOURCE, pointed to the full
Kernel sources and that gave me even more errors, pages over pages. I
found some debian packages with wajig:
http://hinterhof.net/debian/

Now, I did some of the examples and everything works nicely. I still
have one question about security. Let's assume I use multi-key mode,
like in "7.2. Example 2 - Partition backed loop with gpg
encrypted key file".

The key file is on that server. Isn't that a huge security risk, like
when your private PGP key leaks out? What if someone get's access to
that gpg keyfile? Is password only mode better for servers that are
housed in a data center? But that is considered insecure? I'm a little
confused now.

--
bye,
Bodo