Serial ATA HDD and AMD64 on SuSE9.0 Kernel 2.4.21 no /root encryption possible?

Hi!

I´am in serious problems! I can´t get root partition encryption under the
Linux SuSE kernel from version 9.0 of the distro. Under 8.2 I had no
problems with your loop-aes - worked really fine!
Since I bought an AMD64 and a Serial ATA drive Linux handles the disk like a
SCSI device which means that root is on /dev/sda2 and unencrypted /boot on
/dev/sda1. Of course Linux uses an initrd to boot and setup that "SCSI"
device.
I managed to compile the loop.o module and I can encrpty CDs or partitions
like swap on /dev/hda3 and such. But THE problem is the build-initrd.sh from
loop-aes. I haven´t the foggiest idea on how to make grub load loop.o plus
the needed modules for that SCSI Emulation. Some files like lib_ata.o,
sd_mod.o, ext3.o, jbd.o and such.
As I use SuSE you can see that I have no knowledge about Linux, I just do
whats listed in your documentations files - and I worked great so far.
So please, can you give me advice? How did other manage to encryt /root on a
SCSI or Serial ATA harddisk?

Regards,
Peter

--