Re: setting up encryption

On Sun, 2004-04-18 15:09:59 +0200, markus reichelt <mr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <20040418130959.GB2900@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> For single files & mails I use gnupg; quite satisfactorily I must say :)

Right so. That's my preferred way for keeping low-secret things on USB
flash sticks.

> So... what kind of crypto setup do you use?

I do own some machine which I mirror some interesting things with. It's
using softraid-1 over matching HDDs, these are PVs, used in a large VG.
In that VG, I'm having several LVs which in turn are used to store data
encrypted using the dm-crypto way (dmsetup). I'm quite pleased with it,
giving me all I need: RAID1 (redundancy), LVM
(scalability/resizeability) and crypto (secrecy). That's with 2.6.5 on a
P2-233 (Klamath core, 512KB cache) with 256MB RAM.

MfG, JBG

--
   Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx    . +49-172-7608481