Re: loop-aes on 2.6.0-test6 and higher

Dan Elder wrote:
>         I've been having great success using loop-aes with my 2.4 and 2.6 test
> series kernel but have recently run into problems with 2.6.0-test6 and
> higher.  I've tried this with 4 different kernel versions above
> 2.6.0-test5-mm4 and the results are the nearly the same.  When I build
> loop-aes it compiles fine but when I actually try to mount I get the
> following:

Recent -mm kernels include VFS updates from Al Viro, and they are completely
incompatible with interface in Linus' kernels. Last time I checked,
loop-AES-v1.7e + 20030922 update didn't compile cleanly on recent -mm
kernels. There were some scary warnings.

As of this writing it is unclear if those VFS updates will make to Linus'
tree any time soon. Loop-AES' 2.6 kernel interface follow Linus' kernel
interface, and currently do not work with -mm kernels. 2.6.0-test8 is out,
but I still haven't tested that. Will do that later today.

When/if Al Viro's VFS changes get merged to Linus' tree, loop-AES' 2.6
kernel interface will be updated to that new interface. Until then, loop-AES
only works with Linus' 2.6 kernels.

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD
-