? Encrypted multi-session CD-ROMs

Hi,

I am trying to encrypt individual sessions on a CD-ROM using aespipe with the
intention of being able to recover them using the kernel's loop device.

The algorithm I would like to use is something like:

1. Get the old session parameters

cdrecord -msinfo dev=0,0,0

2. Create a new session and encrypt it on the fly

mkisofs -C params -M /dev/cdrw -o -r /backupdir | aespipe > crypt.iso

3. Burn the encrypted image:

cdrecrod -multi -pad dev=0,0,0 crypt.iso

This much seems to work ok (in that the actual command succeeds). To recover the data, I would like to do something like:

mount -o encryption=aes,loop=/dev/loop0,session=C /dev/cdrw /mnt/data

However, this doesn't work: mount doesn't believe that the filessytem is
iso9660. I suspect that there is a fundamental flaw in the method I am trying
to use; can anyone comment if this is so, or have I missed something simple?

Many thanks for any comments or advice,

Jim Sweet

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

-