Re: encrypted file system on cd

On Fri, 2003-09-19 17:02:57 +0200, Tobias Walkowiak <tw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <20030919150257.GA7477@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> hi, anybody tried to build an encrypted FS via mkisofs? my goal is to make
> an encrypted image for burning on a cd and afterwards mount the crypted
> cd-FS via cryptoloop

As long as you don't attempt to boot off that CD, you can basically use
*any* filesystem (or whatever) to burn it on the platter. You can even
place ext2 on it (I wouldn't recommend to use any journalling
filesystems, because these may need write access to the journal even on
a RO media). In theory, you should even be able to burn a raw loop image
on that thingie...

MfG, JBG

--
   Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx    . +49-172-7608481