Kernel hang while using mkisofs/cryptoloop

I have been using Linux 2.6.0-test4 and util-linux 2.12 successfully
to encrypt my root partition and swap.  However, recently I was using
mkisofs and my system hung.  After trying a few more times I realized
that the hang happened consistently when I tried to create a large CD
(~650MB) image (small images don't call a hang).

My computer is a PowerPC-based iBook.

When hung, my system is unusable.  I can't log in and I can't execute
programs using sessions that were already logged in.  Changing virtual
consoles works, though.  When run by strace, mkisofs makes it to the point
where it is reading and writing the image data.  Then everything hangs on
a read.  I have tried turning my swap off but the results are the same.

I also ran top during this process.  Right before being hung, top displays
the following information:

0.9% user, 99.1% system, 0.0% nice, 0.0% idle, 0.0% IO-wait

Top says the following processes were "running" when the system hung:
mkisofs, pdflush and top.

Top seems to indicate that I have plenty of memory available, 2,368K is
free and 24,860K is just tied up is buffers.

Other than this mkisofs-triggered problem cryptoloop seems to work fine.

I have a complete strace of mkisofs available if anyone would like to
see it.

--
Mike

:wq