des-cbc

hello

i just joined the list. i'm writing the RPCSEC_GSS code for the linux kernel
NFS v4 rpc layer. we have based our NFS v4 work on the linux 2.4.4 kernel.
i've applied the linux 2.4.3.1 patch and smoke tested the sha1 and md5
implementations.

i need kernel crypto - each rpcsec_gss packet that arrives at the NFSv4 client
or server has to calculate a packet verifier (whether privacy or integrity are
used or not).  for kerberos v5 which is the first gss mechanism i'm
implementing, the default method of constructing and verifying the verifier is
to first perform an md5 digest on the data, and then encrypt it using des in
cbc mode.

i note that there is a des-cbc cipher_implementation structure declared in
cipher-des.c, but i am unable to find the des_cbc_encrypt/decrypt functions
refered to by the structure.

is because they are not yet implemented? is there any code i could bleed on? i
plan to pull down the mit_des_cbc_encrypt() function from the mit kerberos 5
1.2.1 source ../lib/crypto/f_cbc.c which wraps des_encrypt in the cbc mode
just to get something working....

any info would be helpful

thanks

-->Andy Adamson