Re: 2.4.8

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 09:36:59AM -0500, Harmon Seaver wrote:
>     So now that I've installed the cryptoapi-2.4.7 on the 2.4.7 kernel,
> is it okay to apply the 2.4.8 (or later) kernel patches over that?

Hmmm. I think most people bring a kernel up to current
before adding additional patches. I doubt anyone
bothers to check funny orderings on the update. At the
very least you will probably get a few hunks applied at
some offset.

Might work, but if it doesn't, go back and do the
patching in order against a clean source tree.

My personal preference is

	1 standard kernel version update patches
	2 crypto api
	3 freeswan

If there are other patches I want to use, I'll usually
apply them between 1 and 2 if they're fairly general,
or after 3 if they are fairly specific.

Use Linux: A computer        Dale Amon, CEO/MD
is a terrible thing          Village Networking Ltd
to waste.                    Belfast, Northern Ireland