Re: Can anybody please confirm?

	[I am cc'ing this to linux-crypto just so everyone can know
somebody has responded.  I know most of the linux-crypto readers already
know the answer.]

>mke2fs -b 2048 /dev/loop0
>mount /dev/loop0 /mnt
...disaster.

	Perhaps we need a FAQ entry for the initial value problem.
The loop device defaults to some initial block size other than
2048, and "mk2efs -b 2048" is not enough to change that.  I believe
you could use "blockdev --setbsz 2048 /dev/loop/0" to set it before
you do the mke2fs, although you can get the same effect by first
trying to mount it with ext2 (and failing) and then doing the
mke2fs and trying to mount it again.  The better solution is to
build cryptoapi with ./configure --enable-iv-mode-sector.  Look
for "IV_MODE_SECTOR" in the README in the top level cryptoapi
source directory.

Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx     \ /                  San Jose, California 95129-1034
+1 408 261-6630         | g g d r a s i l   United States of America
fax +1 408 261-6631      "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."