Re: Announce loop-AES-v1.3d file crypto package

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Jari Ruusu wrote:

> Hank Leininger wrote:
> > probably not a problem with the basic loop.o driver).  Do you know if
> > loop-AES does/should have a problem with encrypted swap?  Or if, even
> > better, it's tested and known to work?
>
> Loop-AES does the alloc/release, so it can't be used to encrypt swap.

Bummer :(  How hard would this be to change; do you have any plans to
support it?  If I ask really nicely?  (Is it even possible--perhaps the
ability to allocate/release memory is what helps it be fully reentrant,
etc, not depending on static buffers, and so this can't be changed?)

Looks like it's Loop-AES for filesystems and ppdd for swap.  Messy :(
[ That is, assuming ppdd's encrypted-swap support works as advertized. ]

Thanks,

Hank Leininger <hlein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>