Re: bug list int.2.4.x ?

Hello,

>> It's been months since the int patches were updated to the latest
>> kernel versions and bugs were removed! shame shame shame!!!
>
>That's not true. Herbert did some fixing and updating. Yes, the
>'official' patch wasn't updated, but if the maintainer disappears and
>another one steps up to do the job this is just as well - that's why
>open source is superior to closed source.

I was referring to the official kerneli patches.

I'm glad Herbert did this job. I disagree it is 'just as well' because  many people wil probably not find the patches made by Herbert.
It is not that widely known he made those.
Even if the old official patches work on newer kernels I think many people won't use them because of security risks and should know there
are aditional patches besides the official ones.

I hope Herbert can contact Alexander to see if they can merge the code
to make the official patches up-to-date and give his work more credit
and attention?
(Just wishfull thinking to make even those people happy who can't find the patches made by Herbert and are not daring to use the old official patches on their newer kernels)

>Herbert replied to your last message to this list about a month ago, so
>I don't need to tell you where you find his patches.

I'm well aware of this. But thank you for the reminder.

I'm just looking for a good complete buglist. There is no official one
in public.

regards,

H.

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--