Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Monday, July 09, 2001 5:00 PM

-----Original Message-----
From: peter k. [mailto:spam-goes-to-dev-null@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 4:57 PM
To: stuart@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: linux-crypto@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Using Crypto under LM8+2.4.6

> A better solution (IMHO) would be to create an I-patch that does not choke
> on most distributions, and does not REQUIRE the Linus kernel to work.

well, imho the best solution would be to completely integrate crypto into
all kernels, especially into the linus one as it at least seems as the
official one to the most users....
afaik the only problem about that is that crypto isnt allowed in all
countries which was the cause of creating the I-patch, if crypto was
integrated into the kernel the whole thing would be illegal in those
countries....
i would just solve it like that: put some script "patch-crypto" into the
kernel tree so the user can download "crypto.tar.bz2" if crypto is allowed
in his country and then just run "patch-crypto crypto.tar.bz2" which will do
*all* the patching of the kernel