Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Sunday, July 08, 2001 8:41 PM

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linux-crypto@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-linux-crypto@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Adam Warner
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2001 8:38 PM
To: linux-crypto@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Using Crypto under LM8+2.4.6

On 08 Jul 2001 20:25:58 -0700, IT3 Stuart B. Tener, USNR-R wrote:
> Mr. Warner:
>
>       What is the problem with the I-patch though?

It was posted the other day by Herbert Valerio Riedel:

known problems with the international crypto patch on 2.4.x:

*) non-reentrant --> don't use it on SMP (unless you can enforce
non-parallel execution of the transfer functions)
if you want to do some work on it, please go ahead; I can tell you where
you should begin to look at...

*) transfer block size dependend IV size (there is a fix for this one in
the cryptoapi re-package, see the included README file for more about
it)

---

This will be enough to help you find all the heated conversations using
google/google groups/linux-crypto archive.

Regards,
Adam