Re: Problems with losetup

David Lambert wrote:

> I hope this ius the right place to post problems to the mailgroup
> linux-crypto, if not, please excuse my ignorance.
>
> I think I have followed the instructions in your HOWTO to patch my linux
> 2.2.18 system and utils for crpto, but I get the following error when using
> losetup with any of the new ciphers.
>
> [root@xxxxxxxxx dlambert]# losetup -e twofish /dev/loop0 /tmp/.crypto
> Password :
> ioctl: LOOP_SET_STATUS: Invalid argument

<snip>

The util-.linux patch and the kernel are out of sync for some ciphers.
Either use the stand-along twofish module (near loop support under block
devices) or patch lomount.c's table of known ciphers to use '9' as the
Twofish ID instead of 2/3/whatever...

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@xxxxxxxx>     http://EncryptionHOWTO.sourceforge.net/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)