Re: [Fwd: AES for GnuPG, on Mon Oct 2?]

Wasn't DES covered by a patent?  I know Lucifer was and DES is closely
related.   Patent or no patent, AES should be fairly liberal in terms of usage
restrictions.  I don't remember the rules but I thought that there was some
provision for patents.

Anyone know who won yet?  The NIST webcast page doesn't work.