Re: AES will be announced monday.

Gisle S{lensminde wrote:

> See: http://csrc.nist.gov/encryption/aes/
>
> TIME:  11:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

<snip>

Anyone wants to bet? I'd say one of Twofish, Serpent, Rijndael. To be
precise, I'd say Serpent. Because it is fastest in HW and the most
secure. Software performance was never really high on NISTs list (see
DES). Twofish, while equally secure as Serpent is very complicated and
Rijndael can only be elected if the number of rounds is increased, which
implies a relative performance loss w.r.t. the other two.

RC6, though fast and simple, is patented and I don't like that so I
don't want that. MARS is inefficient everywhere and hasn't got a single
outstanding advantage over the others.

Sssssssserpent.

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@xxxxxxxx>        http://marc.mutz.com/Encryption-HOWTO/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)