Re: PATCH 2/2: external hashing program use in losetup

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 09:35:53AM +0200, Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:

> mount -o loop,encryption=aes-cbc-128,key_exec=/sbin/get_and_hash_passphrase,key_args=sha256 /home/sluskyb/testloop /mnt/testloop
>
> any comments?

I think this would be good.

This way it should be possibel to get an autofs-usable version,
currently it is impossibel because there is no way for autofs to get the
password. (autofs isn't able to get the keyboard-focus, or am i wrong?)

With such an option you could write a "Passwort Popup for X11" or
something in this direction. You cause an automount-event and a window
with a password-dialog popups up. (I would like this!)

Bis denn

-