Re: Encrypt /etc directory

On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 22:01, Erik Tews wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 09:52:16PM +0300, kgb wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Which is best way to encrypt /etc directory i want to prevent my /etc
> > files from being viewed by other people and when someone trying to mount
> > my hard drive on different machine.
> >
> > Thanks in advanced.
>
> I got my root-filesystem on cryptoloop, so my /etc is encrypted. I use
> an initrd during boot to set this up.
> -
> Linux-crypto:  cryptography in and on the Linux system
> Archive:       http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-crypto/
Thats good i trying with this but when i try to mount encrypted loop device
it want me to type a password on command line i know command like
echo "pass" | mount -p 0 /directory/file /mnt-target -t jfs -o loop=/dev/loop0,encrypting=xor
in this way is good but password is stored on hard drive and that seems very unsecure way
but i don't want to encrypt root-filesystem only /etc directory any ideas ?

-- Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes!