Re: Help Me!

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 nirajmehta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Respected Sir,
>
>     Please help me !
>
>     I would like to use ppdd-2.0 for my valuable and privet data.
>     I have download the ppdd-2.0.zip from ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/ppdd/ppdd-2.0.zip
>     and tried to do the same. I am very new to kernel upgradation and patch installation
>     It is not possible for me to get ppdd-2.0 working.
>
>     Please help me to solve my problem. Allow me to tell You my problem.
>
>     1.   I have RedHat 7.2 and RedHat 8.0 with me.
>
>     2.   My preference is not to upgrade the kernel for some reasons,
>          if it is must then I can do the kernel upgradetion
>          but I can use patch with the present kernel.
>
>     3.   I have only three partition on my /dev/hda they are ...
>          one ext3 for root (/) one for swap and one reaiserfs partition
>          I would like to encrypt root(/) partition
>
>     4.   I have very small size of hdd (1.2GB)
>
>     Can you send me the detail stape-by-stape procedure and all the files and patches required for ppdd-2.0 for both RedHat 7.2 and RedHat 8.0. It would be the grate help for me.

Getting PPDD to work on RH isn't the easiest thing in the world because of
version differences (due to RH patching their systems heavily) You can
find packaged version of PPDD for RH 7.3 and 8.0 (but sorry, no 7.2) at
http://ppdd4rhl.sourceforge.net/ so you don't need to patch + rebuild
everything, however those packages currently don't help in encrypting
the root in any way.

P.S. You'll get more easily answers to PPDD-specific questions on the
ppdd-mailing list: ppdd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
	- Panu -

-